LANSING’S DOWNTOWN AND STADIUM DISTRICT SEE INCREDIBLE GROWTH
“The only thing missing for residents and visitors is a grocery store. The last thing that I did as State Representative was to pass legislation incenting grocery stores where needed in urban areas, and I campaigned on the need for a grocery stores in our commercial areas. I am thrilled to be part of this announcement which will solve this problem in our downtown and stadium district. This Capitol City Market will be the answer to the many requests that we have received to have a fully functional and sustainable grocery store in our downtown, and I am excited to see this happen!”
– Andy Schor, Mayor City of Lansing
*Footage of urban market provide by Bridge Street Market, Grand Rapids supported by Meijer
GROWTH. POSITIVE CHANGE.
PASSION. BUILD. PROUD TO BE LANSING.
A vision meant to energize the senses. Transformative. Removing obstacles, redefining the core and proposing
a foundation of inspiration and awe creates positive change.This passion shapes the future of downtown Lansing’s urban living experience.
Leveling up is taking experience and maximizing impact. Gillespie Group and the City of Lansing strive for it.
They level up by expecting a new standard – every time. This development delivers.
This game-changing project will catapult existing commercial offerings and attract talent by strategically aligning an urban market,
hotel and residential units into a transformative development along the 600 block of East Michigan Avenue at the corner of North Larch Street.
Energizing an underutilized space and expanding the area’s lifestyle offerings, providing access to fresh food and trendy accommodations,
changes the way Lansing’s downtown core functions. It’s time to embrace a new level of expectation. After all, we’ve earned it.
This reinvented entry into the Capital City will mesmerize both residents and businesses in and around the Stadium District.
- The beautifully modern four-story development will total 150,590 square feet of sophisticated space.
- Construction begins spring 2019 with the development expected to open in late 2020/early 2021.
- The transformative development will enhance the revitalization of Lansing’s Stadium and Downtown districts and the Michigan Ave. corridor.
- The urban market is made possible through a partnership with Grand Rapids-based Meijer. The market will connect with and reflect the Lansing community’s uniqueness.
- The inspirationally designed market will occupy a significant portion of frontage along Michigan Avenue and total approximately 37,000 square feet.
- Bringing fresh and healthy food options to downtown shoppers creates a giant step toward erasing the area’s reputation as a food desert by creating positive change for the city.
PROJECTED HOTEL AMENITIES
- Concord Hospitality Enterprises will showcase the new hotel, which will share Michigan Avenue frontage with the highly anticipated market.
- The much-needed hotel is planned to have 120-125 guest rooms.
- Amenities like a cafe and lounge/bar, as well as conference and meeting rooms, are being considered as part of this development.
- The hotel will meet Lansing’s growing demand for overnight accommodations from business travelers and visitors. This allows Lansing to host larger conferences and events that stay longer.
- Surrounding businesses and attractions will economically benefit from the addition of a new hotel to the area as visitors and guests take in the endless shopping, dining and entertainment options Lansing offers.
- The on-trend residential portion will include a mix of one- and two-bedroom units.
- Leasing options available in spring 2020.
See What People Are Saying
600 Block In The News
Learn more about how we are bringing life to your city!
For more information about all of our commercial properties and new development opportunities,
contact by phone or email. You may also use the contact form below.
Telephone: (517) 333-4123